SMK is committed to the advancement of mankind through development of the information society,
by integrating its current technological strengths and creating advanced technology.
- 1. Contribute to society with pride and confidence.
- 2. Be customer-oriented, with zeal and sincerity.
- 3. Challenge courageously for higher goals without fear of failure.
- 4. Trust and respect each other for a brighter working atmosphere.
- 5. Keep an open mind, and view SMK from a global perspective.
SMK Group Charter for Corporate Behavior
SMK Group, in addition to being an economic entity engaged in the creation of added value through fair competition, must be useful to society as a whole.
For this reason, SMK Group will adhere to the following ten principles; respect human rights and follow the letter and spirit of all laws, whether domestic or foreign, and of international rules, and behave in a socially responsible manner.
- 1. For customer confidence, we will develop and provide superior goods in terms of quality, cost,
and safety through our accumulated advanced technology.
- 2. To be understood/supported by stakeholders such as customers, business partners, and
shareholders, we will engage in fair, transparent, and free competition,
under the spirit of independence, self-help, and self-regulation.
- 3. We will promote communication with society, by fairly disclosing corporate information,
as an open enterprise in the advanced information network age.
- 4. We will take independent and positive action, fully recognizing the necessity of environment
- 5. We will strive to make it possible for employees to lead pleasant and enriched lives,
by guaranteeing a comfortable and safe work environment and respecting
our employees' dignity and individuality.
- 6. We will actively engage in social contribution activities as a good corporate citizen.
- 7. We will stand firm against anti-social forces and organizations that threaten the order
and security of civil society.
- 8. In overseas operations, we will comply with the laws and regulations of the countries
and regions, respect human rights and other international norms, and manage
ourselves in a manner that contributes to local development.
- 9. To make the spirit of the Charter a reality, top executives will always listen to the voices
within and outside SMK, take the lead in raising awareness of the Charter
among all relevant Group members and to bring corporate systems into line with it, and
endeavor to cultivate corporate ethics.
- 10. When the Charter is violated, top executives will take the initiative in resolving the problem,
endeavoring to clarify its causes and prevent its recurrence, and take the necessary action.
This includes precise explanation to the society and punishment for responsible persons,
SMK Group Code of Conduct
* Only the title of each article of the SMK Group Code of Conduct is published on this page.
The SMK Group Code of Conduct sets forth the basic internal regulations to be observed by all officers and employees of SMK Group. SMK Group commits itself to be bound by this Code and at the same time requests all officers and employees of the company to understand and comply with this Code.
President, CEO and COO, Yasumitsu Ikeda
1) Purpose of this Code
2) Scope of Application
2.Human Rights and Labor
3) Prohibition of Forced Labor
4) Prohibition of Child Labor
5) Respect for Human Rights
6) Prohibition of Discriminations
7) Compliance with Employment Regulations
8) Working Hours and Wage
9) Freedom of Association
3.Health and Safety
10) Safety Measures of Machineries
11) Health and Safety in the Workplace
12) Emergency Measures
13) Considerations for Physically Burdensome Work
14) Health and Safety in the Facilities
15) Health Management
16) Environmental Permits and Reports
17) Minimization of Environmental Impact (drainage, sludge, exhaust, etc.) and Preservation of
Water Resources and Biodiversity, etc.
18) Reduction in Emission of Greenhouse Gasses and Final Waste
19) Management of Chemical Substances Contained in Products
20) Environmental Protection Activities
5. Fair Trade and Ethics
21) Compliance with Laws
22) Establishment of Customer Confidence
23) Fair Advertising and Public Relations
24) Free and Fair Competition
25) Protection of Intellectual Property Rights
26) Fair Transactions with Suppliers of Materials and Services
27) Entertainment and Gifts
28) Improper Profit
29) Donations and Limit of Political Donations
30) Stand against Antisocial Forces
31) Compliance with Laws Concerning Import and Export
32) Disclosure of Management Information
33) Prohibition of Insider Trading
34) Appropriate Accounting Procedure
35) Prohibition of Private Activity
36) Appropriate Use of Corporate Assets
6. Quality and Safety
37) Product Safety and Quality Assurance
7. Information Control
38) Control of Trade Secret and Company Secret
39) Information Security
40) Protection of Personal Information
8. Social Contribution
41) Social Contribution
9. SMK Ethics Helpline
42) SMK Ethics Helpline
10. Supplementary Provision
44) Improvement or Amendment of this Code of Conduct
46) Submission of Pledge Card