SMK Develops Board to Board Floating Coaxial Connector
with High-frequency Performance
SMK has developed a board to board coaxial connector equipped with a floating mechanism.
In recent years, the demand for coaxial connectors is increasing in automotive market amid the spread of Intelligent Transport System (ITS) devices.
SMK’s new connector was developed for connection between boards in the automotive devices such as engine control unit (ECU) or smart antenna, and it is also ideal for base station and factory automation equipment which is adopting Internet of Things (IoT) at an accelerated pace.
The connector is designed to be small and capable of high-frequency operation in order to contribute to the downsizing of final products. It has also a floating allowance of ±0.5ｍｍ in XYZ directions that enables to absorb the mating gap occurred in connecting board to board.
Going forwards, SMK will strive to develop height variations of the connector and further expand its product lineup.
Automotive devices (such as ECUs, smart antennas), base stations, factory automation equipment.
|Published Date||September 19th, 2018|
|Press Release Number||1105CS|
|Product Name||Board to Board Floating Coaxial Connector|
1) High-frequency performance covering from DC to 6GHz.
|Rating||0.5A, 50V AC/DC|
|Frequency Range||DC to 6GHz|
|VSWR||DC to 3GHz: 1.3 maximum
3 to 6GHz: 1.4 maximum
|Insertion Loss||DC to 3GHz: 0.3dB maximum
3 to 6GHz: 0.8dB maximum
|Operating Temperature Range||-40°C to ＋105°C|
|Mounting Method||Reflow soldering|
|Mounting Height||10mm (between boards)|
|Mounting Area||Socket: 7.5mm x 6mm = 45mm2
Plug: 7mm x 6mm = 42mm2
|Operating Life||10 cycles|
|Sample Price||500 yen per unit|
|Inquiry||For more information, please contact the CS Division.|
- April, 2021 ~ March, 2022
- April, 2020 ~ March, 2021
- April, 2019 ~ March, 2019
- April, 2018 ~ March, 2019
- April, 2017 ~ March, 2018
- April, 2016 ~ March, 2017
- April, 2015 ~ March, 2016
- April, 2014 ~ March, 2015
- April, 2013 ~ March, 2014
- April, 2012 ~ March, 2013
- April, 2011 ~ March, 2012
- April, 2010 ~ March, 2011
- April, 2009 ~ March, 2010
- April, 2008 ~ March, 2009
- April, 2007 ~ March, 2008
- April, 2006 ~ March, 2007