SMK Develops Piezoelectric Seamless Touch Switch That Works With Various Cover Materials Allowing for Design Latitude
SMK Corporation has developed a piezoelectric seamless touch switch that works with a variety of cover materials such as metal, resin or wood. The Piezoelectric elements are embedded behind the fully-flat surface for a refined appearance and feel of the material on hand.
This product detects microscopic displacements, caused when pushing in the cover panels, by the piezoelectric element, allowing it to be operated accurately while wearing gloves and it is not influenced by noise and water.
An optional solution would be to add a clicking sensation generated to the fingertips of the user by adding a vibrating function to the piezoelectric element.An illumination function can also be added to keys by installing LEDs.
SMK Corporation will continue to work in the future towards the development of products that meet customers' demands.
Piezoelectric Seamless Touch Switch
1) This product works with cover panels made from virtually any material such as metal, resin or wood.
Pressure Detection System
φ15mm (With Vibration)
≧φ15mm (With Vibration)
|Cover Panel||Any material (both metallic and non-metallic)|
|Working load||0.5N ～ 10N|
(Dependent on cover material and thickness)
|Operating life||1,000,000 times (Standard)|
100,000 times(With Vibration)
|Applications||White goods, AV devices, medical and automotive equipment|
|Inquiry||For more information, please contact the RD Center|
- April, 2020 ~
- April, 2019 ~ March, 2019
- April, 2018 ~ March, 2019
- April, 2017 ~ March, 2018
- April, 2016 ~ March, 2017
- April, 2015 ~ March, 2016
- April, 2014 ~ March, 2015
- April, 2013 ~ March, 2014
- April, 2012 ~ March, 2013
- April, 2011 ~ March, 2012
- April, 2010 ~ March, 2011
- April, 2009 ~ March, 2010
- April, 2008 ~ March, 2009
- April, 2007 ~ March, 2008
- April, 2006 ~ March, 2007