SMK Develops Optical Touch Panel with Extreme Ambient Light Elimination Capabilities that Can Be Used in Environments Exposed to Direct Sunlight
SMK Corporation has developed an optical touch panel with extreme ambient light elimination capabilities.
Optical touch panels have no physical contact with sensors like resistive touch panels; they have a long service life and durability and can be used for a variety of purposes such as ATM and ticket-vending machines, which are operated by an unspecified large number of people.
Also, Optical touch panels use a light emitting element that detects the location where the light of an infrared LED was intercepted, this creates problems such as sensing is not possible or malfunctions occur when extraneous light (disturbance light) that includes IR wavelengths such as sunlight reaches the light receiving element. Action such as installing a hood to the touch panel when used in places exposed to extraneous light was necessary.
Due to the arrangement of the sensor and the use of our unique sensing technology, this products improve disturbance light resistance at least five times (measured value) more than our previous products, enabling touch panels to be used in places exposed to disturbance light such as by a window or outside.
This products will be produced on a commercial basis and sales will be expanded based on standard specifications (standard product).
Optical Touch Panel with Extreme Ambient Light Elimination Capabilities
1) This product improves disturbance light resistance by at least five times more than existing products.
Optical Touch Panel
|Finger（Can be used while wearing gloves）|
|Serial / USB|
|Size||10.4 inch ～ 17inch|
|Supported OS||Windows®7 /8.1|
(32-bit only for both OS)
|Applications||ATM, Ticket Vending Machines, Arcade games, KIOSK, Reception terminals etc.|
|Inquiry||For more information, please contact the TP Division|
- April, 2020 ~
- April, 2019 ~ March, 2019
- April, 2018 ~ March, 2019
- April, 2017 ~ March, 2018
- April, 2016 ~ March, 2017
- April, 2015 ~ March, 2016
- April, 2014 ~ March, 2015
- April, 2013 ~ March, 2014
- April, 2012 ~ March, 2013
- April, 2011 ~ March, 2012
- April, 2010 ~ March, 2011
- April, 2009 ~ March, 2010
- April, 2008 ~ March, 2009
- April, 2007 ~ March, 2008
- April, 2006 ~ March, 2007